The California Rodeo Salinas is excited to expand the breadth of our scholarship program and to specifically offer $5,000 scholarships to Committee Members and their family members for any school they choose to attend, including trade schools.
New benefits of the program include:
Learn more and apply
- Awarding funds to Rodeo Committee Members and their family members-there are over 1,200 Committee Members who volunteer their time to make our community a better place
- Cash and non-cash* donations can be accepted immediately to grow the fund
by visiting the Community Foundation for Monterey County web page for the California Rodeo Scholarship
. Sign Up for an account in order to apply: https://cfmco.academicworks.com/users/sign_up
1. The scholarship recipient(s) should be chosen based on the applicant’s:
- Academic achievements (e.g. honor roll, National Honor Society, overcoming academic challenges)
- Extra-curricular activities (e.g. athletics, student government, volunteering)
- Special consideration will be given for students with documented financial need.
Student must be one of the following:
- Child, grandchild, or spouse of a California Rodeo Salinas Committee Member in good standing; or
- Have worked themselves as a California Rodeo Salinas
Committee Member in good standing. (A California Rodeo Salinas Committee
Member is someone who volunteers directly for the Rodeo-not just as a
volunteer in their school's booth to earn money- and whose name is on
record with the California Rodeo Association office as being an active
Committee Member). Students who would like to learn how to become a
Salinas Rodeo Committee member, please follow this link:
Volunteering (carodeo.com) and
complete the application to become a committee member for the next rodeo.
3. Additionally, the Student should:
Special consideration will be given to students from Monterey County and students with a long-standing history of volunteering with the Salinas Rodeo.
- Be planning to attend a 2-year/4-year college, trade school, or graduate school.
- Be planning to attend full-time.
- Have a 2.5 minimum GPA
THE APPLICATION PERIOD HAS CLOSED FOR 2023.
Click HERE to donate
*Examples of non-cash donations might include coin collections, property/land or vehicles.