The California Rodeo Salinas is excited to expand the breadth of our scholarship program and to specifically offer scholarships to Committee Members and their family members for any school they choose to attend, including trade schools.
New benefits of the program include:
Learn more and apply
- Awarding funds to Rodeo Committee Members and their family members-there are over 1,200 Committee Members who volunteer their time to make our community a better place
- Cash and non-cash* donations can be accepted immediately to grow the fund
by visiting the Community Foundation for Monterey County web page for the California Rodeo Scholarship
. Sign Up for an account in order to apply: https://cfmco.academicworks.com/users/sign_up
1. The scholarship recipient(s) should be chosen based on the applicant’s:
- Documented financial need
- Academic achievements (e.g. honor roll, National Honor Society, overcoming academic challenges)
- Extra-curricular activities (e.g. athletics, student government, volunteering)
2. The applicant must be:
- Student must be a committee person or a spouse, child, or grandchild of a committee person in good standing.
- Planning to attend a 2-year/4-year college, trade school, or graduate school.
- Planning to attend full-time.
- 2.5 minimum GPA
- Special consideration will be given to students from Monterey County and students with a long-standing history of volunteering with the Salinas Rodeo.
Applications will be accepted starting January 4, 2021 and are due by March 15, 2021
Click HERE to donate
*Examples of non-cash donations might include coin collections, property/land or vehicles.