Domestic Violence is the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior by an intimate partner against another. It is an epidemic affecting individuals in every community regardless of age, economic status, race, religion, nationality or educational background. Domestic violence results in physical injury, psychological trauma and sometimes death. The consequences of domestic violence can cross generations and truly last a lifetime. National statistics on domestic violence are staggering:
• 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience domestic violence in their lifetime.
• Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten.
• Every day in the United States, on average, three women and one man are killed by their intimate partner.
• Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women—more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.
• Studies suggest that up to 10 million children witness some form of domestic violence annually.
The California Rodeo Salinas hopes you will join the cause on Sunday, July 23, 2017 and wear purple. The Man Up Crusade welcomes you to contact them through their website at www.manupcrusade.com