The California Rodeo, Monster Truck Jam, and other events are put on by over 1,100 volunteers. There are 52 active Rodeo directors and 59 committees.
Individuals wishing to volunteer for the California Rodeo must complete a Volunteer Application (link below) and you will be contacted by the Volunteer Services Committee about next steps and placement for working on committees, etc.
Salinas folks have volunteered at the California Rodeo for many years, often generations of families have been volunteers; becoming part of the Rodeo family and history.
For volunteer information call (831) 775-3100.
California Rodeo Salinas Volunteer Policy
- Must be 16 years of age to become a California Rodeo Committee person.
- Must be 21 years of age to work where alcohol is served or on security.
- Must volunteer through Volunteer Services for 70 hours at any California Rodeo event before being considered for permanent committee status
- No benefits such as tickets, shirts or Committee ID badges are issued until approved and placed on a permanent Committee after serving 70 hours through Volunteer Services.
- Not automatically put on a permanent Committee after hours completed through Volunteer Services. There must be an opening and acceptance by Chairperson.
- Time for a 5 year recognition badge does not start until placed on a permanent Committee.
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION & WAIVER- NEW VOLUNTEERS click HERE to fill out the form online